Wednesday, November 26, 2014

2 more days...

Just 2 more days until my 12 in 12 journey officially begins.  I've been trying like crazy (begging, bribing, offering to pay for whatever they wanted) to get someone to join me on my trip to Arkansas to do my 24 hour race.
Nobody has taken me up on the offer.
I'm kinda bummed because it would have been much more fun with another person in tow.
I've even thought about just saving the money and time and doing my own 24 hour event here at home.  I could do the daytime hours out at the trail, and the overnight hours here at home on the treadmill.  I'm just afraid the urge to stop would be too strong, and I'd jump in my jammies, snuggle a dog, and not move for 24 hours...which kinda defeats the purpose of doing a 24 hour race.

So I guess I'm going solo.

I'm excited about the race.  Meeting new people and bonding over an event like a 24 hour race is really a neat experience.
I just wish I were sharing it with someone I know.

Let the games begin!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  :)


Run on, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment